9 Digital Marketing Tools Every Small Business Needs in 2020
With these accessible, affordable (some even free) resources and tips listed below, any cash-strapped, time-starved small business owner can take advantage of available technologies and tools to get their marketing back on track. Be RESPONSIVE, not REACTIVE and let Mpower Web Solutions help put your business on the right path.
Automated Marketing & Sales Funnels
ActiveCampaign & GetResponse are both affordable, full-featured lead-building/marketing/sales funneling app that grows with your business needs.
- Billing: Month-to-month – based on the number of contacts imported for active campaigns.
- ActiveCampaign Lite — Starts at $9/month, 500 contacts GetResponse Basic — Starts at $15/month, 1,000 contacts
- Automated marketing and lead generation
- Email Marketing & newsletters with unlimited sending
- Upgrade the next package for more contacts/features
Calendars & Scheduling Apps
Acuity Scheduling offers full-featured online appointment generation and management for small and mid-sized businesses.
- Billing: Month-to-month – based on the number of features & services — Starts at $15/month
- Calendar customization
- Client self-scheduling
- Email & text reminders
- Invoicing & payments (PayPal, Square, Stripe)
- Syncing with iCloud, Google Calendar & Office 365 apps
- Works with GoToMeeting, Join.me & Zoom apps
Content Management & Digital Marketing Apps
E-Commerce Apps & Service Providers
Shopify Cart (Lite version) is an affordable solution for businesses only needing to integrate a secure shopping cart on an existing website (HTML, WordPress CMS, other). Shopify Lite starts at $9/month.
Shopify POS helps sell your products online AND in person with the Shopify POS app on a mobile phone or tablet.
Shopify Online Storefront
Full-featured online store with the ability to control your products, inventory, marketing, order processing, fulfillment & tracking. Starting at $24/month
Project & Task Management
Trello (free version) is a browser-based app accessible on both a desktop/laptop and mobile app for managing individual tasks and project workflow. Note: I currently use Trello and appreciate the ability to assign and revise my/my client’s responsibilities/tasks even when I’m away from my laptop.
- Clean, easy-to-use dashboard
- Communicate tasks through e-mail & text notifications
- Connects to DropBox, Google Drive and other apps
- Stores documents, images, and notes to help speed up project completion
Search Engine Marketing & Optimization Tools
Google Search Console
Google Sitekit (plugin for WordPress)
Yoast SEO (plugin for WordPress)
Social Media Management & Marketing Tools
Facebook Ads + Power Editor
HootSuite (Pro version)
Twitter Ads + Twitter Cards
Video Development, Editing & Streaming Media Management
Video Development & Editing – Filmora by Wondershare (est. $70)
If you’re using video as part of your content marketing strategy, you’re already ahead of the game.
- Animated intros, background audio, lower thirds, text, and transitions.
- Publish videos to use on Facebook, HTML5, Instagram, Vimeo, or YouTube.
- Works with audio/video elements from third-party sources such as AudioBlocks, StoryBlocks, VideoBlocks, and Viddyoze.