- Agency: Garage Team Mazda/Hill+Knowlton Strategies
- Client Name & Campaign: Mazda USA/NBC Universal “Drive For Good”
- Type of Business: Automotive Marketing & PR
- Website URL: http://insidemazda.mazdausa.com
- Platform: WordPress with Genesis Dynamic Gen Theme (Custom)
- Positive Outcomes: The website helped Mazda USA’s Marketing/PR team (AKA Garage Team Mazda) to prepare for the launch of an integrated marketing campaign “Drive for Good” with Comcast/NBC Universal.
- Fundraising results through Oct. 2016: Donations per new Mazda sold or leased ($150), plus 1-hour community service by Mazda employees. Total fundraising as of 2016 generated $8 million in donations for various local and regional charities.
- Project Tags: branding, CSS, content management system, front-end development, marketing, website, wordpress
Frontend Development & Website Deployment Supported By Mpower Web Solutions:
♦ Backend environment requirements (WP Engine) from prototype website.
♦ Client-side environment (WordPress CMS, Genesis Framework, HTML5/CSS3).
♦ Converting digital assets (wireframes: PDF, design composites: PSD) to web-ready formats (HTML, JPEG, PNG).
♦ Custom Media Queries for mobile layout and UI/UX.
♦ Documentation of website design/development processes and related functionalities (using Basecamp) in preparation for live website deployment.
♦ Frontend layout and usability considerations.
♦ Server-side programming (PHP).
Contributed to the front-end development, UI/UX website design, and initial deployment for Mazda USA’s annual “Drive for Good” marketing campaign. Utilized HTML5/CSS3 for design and custom styling of dynamic WordPress CMS-based platform for deployment on Genesis Framework and Dynamik-Gen Theme Builder. Researched, tested and implemented several third-party apps (plugins, widgets – Essential Grid, Slider Revolution, Yoast SEO) to enhance the mobile-first/responsive UI/UX, while also simplifying website maintenance and management by non-IT staff (e.g. content editors, PR staff, social media coordinators).